<$BlogRSDURL$>

inebemm

Please hover over the links, like this one for instance, to see the little yellow boxes; the medium is the message.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Känn ingen sorg för mig Götheborg

A few days ago I went to Skeppsholmen to see an exhibition. Looking across the water was a quite wondrous sight moored at the Old Town dock: a three-masted East India XVIIIth century merchant-man.
I was really awe-struck until I dimly recalled reading about the Götheborg, but not that she was coming to Stockholm. On my way back home, I walked past her... you've seen them in movies, you've read about them in books, but seeing such a sailship under the rays of a full moon, with the soft purling of the waves and that strong tarry smell...
Aarhh, mebbe I was drunk! Just gimme another bottle'o Rhum, ye wussy landlubbers, so that I might fuggit 'bout that scourging of the Seven Seas... well, at least I've the map of a treasure... aye, a treasure on Animal Garden Island...

Comments: Post a Comment